To discuss the various issues of Postmaster cadre and to elect Adhoc office bearers body of Tamilnadu circle, AIAPC Asst General secretary Shri Rama Subramanian and Shri Shanmugam PM GrII made efficient arrangements at Trichy City Tamilsangam Hall.
Many of the Postmaster cadre officers are attended the circle level meet enthusiastically and placed their points and views regarding the betterment of this cadre. Finally voting system has been adopted to elect the following Adhoc Tamilnadu Circle level office bearers for All India Association of Postmaster cadre.
Shri Chennakesavalu - Circle President
Shri Rajendiran - Circle secretary
Shri Kalimuthu - Circle Treasurer
Smt Shobiarani - Circle women wing convenor
Smt Kaleeswari - Circle Women wing Coordinator
Chennai City Region Representatives
1. Shri Muthukrishnan PM Gr II
2. Shri Murugan PM Gr II
3. Shri Jai Ganesh PM Gr I
3. Shri Jai Ganesh PM Gr I
Central Region Representatives
1. Shri Senthil
2. Shri Ramasamy
3. Shri Amirthalingam
Southern Region Representatives
1. Shri Chandrasekar PM Gr II
2. Shri Ramasubramanian PM Gr I
3. Shri Chinnadurai Pm Gr I
Western Region Representatives
1. Shri Jeeva Doss PM Gr I
2. Shri Sengodan PM Gr II
3. Vacant (Willing officials may give their name for nominations)
The following 10 resolutions are passed during the meeting, to the betterment of this Postmaster Cadre. All the above Adhoc members should take this following issues very seriously and bring those issues to the Administration/Govt of India with the coordination of CHQ Mumbai.
1. Since PM Grade II is non gazetted Group B cadre, PM Gr II officials couldn’t continue the present Group C Trade Union membership in NFPE/FNPO after getting PM Grade II. So the separate forum for postmaster cadre is unavoidable and necessary too.
2. Circle PM Grade I/II officials seniority list should be released early to maintain the transparency in PM cadre postings and transfers.
3. If department delayed/disapproved our All India Postmaster Cadre Association proposal,then we have to writ petition to approve the same early. Until the court proceedings, non recognized Postmaster cadre association is required for the time being like FTP Association. So only we could make further proceeding towards the betterment of this cadre in organized forum.
4. Up to 4th CPC LSG/ IP cadre was getting the same pay, so the same may be considered in the 7th CPC until that since responsibilities and expectations from the postmaster cadre is sky high. Monthly supervisory allowance of 10% in Basic Pay + GP may kindly be sanctioned.
5. Since minimum qualifying service is required to fill the PM Gr II, III many of the PM cadre posts are lying vacant and managed by senior Postal Assistants/LSG officials. If so Purpose of creating separate PM cadre is nullified. So 6 years Minimum qualifying services to get PM Gr II, and 5 years Minimum qualifying services to get PM Grade III should be abolished to efficient functioning of DOP.
6. In of PM cadre recruitment rules it was mentioned that further promotions of postmaster cadre shall be in the same hierarchy that means, PM Cadre opted officials should not claim the adhoc promotion of HSG II/ I. For the purpose only phrase of “same hierarchy” was mentioned. But Nowadays, without mentioning in recruitment rules that PM Cadre officials are not eligible to departmental Exam, PM Cadre officials are barred from appearing in Limited department of competitive exams like IP/PS GrB which is total injustice to the Postmaster cadre. So PM cadre officials should be allowed to appear in all LDCEs. Till that writ petition should be filed in court to get stay for the above mentioned IP/PS Group B exams
7. If department stated that PM cadre and IP/ PS Group B is separate streamline and Postmaster cadre officials couldn’t claim the promotion rights in the above cadres then IP/ PS Gr B administrative officials may kindly barred from appearing in Sr. PM/ Chief PM postings. Upto Chief Postmaster Cadre, PM cadre officials only should be posted by the virtue of seniority. Till our demands get succceeded writ petition should be filed in court to get stay for the above mentioned Sr.PM/Chief Postmaster postings.
8. Without vesting past glory of Unit office/ Sub appointing authority powers, creating separate cadre won’t solve the purpose of its creation, so previous administrative powers should be vested in addition with Preceeding officer administrative powers
9. To meet the day to day petty expenses and to maintain the office neat and tidy, Financial power of Rs 50 is not at all enough in the present scenario, so financial power should be upgraded to Rs500 to the Postmaster cadre officials to the effective functioning of the postoffice
10. As per the recruitment rules preamble, As a front runners and root level managers of department of posts all the office in-charge posts should be identified for PM Gr I, II, III in the cadre restructure and 1/3 ratio of PM cadre should be gradually raised to meet the requirement of modern scenario. All the POs above the LSG level should be identified as PM Grade office.
Meeting ended with National Anthem and before return to the pavilions, delicious food arranged by Shri Jaiganesh and Shri Dhanraj and supplied to the Postmaster cadre officials. All Postmaster cadre officials are requested to Please coordinate with the above Adhoc members to the bright future of Postmaster cadre.